Company Formation Portugal
Company Formation in Portugal will enable you to access the European Union market through one of the best EU jurisdictions.
Portugal offers not only great business opportunities, but also possibilities for non-EU nationals to reside in this idyllic and sunny country.
Portugal is also great place for crypto oriented businesses, as currently Portugal do not impose taxes on profits gained from crypto trades.
Company formation in Portugal is a simple process that can be accomplished in 1-2 weeks after the submission of all documents. Below, EU LAW FIRM lawyers answer a set of general questions regarding the jurisdiction, company registration in Portugal and the requirements to start a business in EU.
Portugal is a country situated in Iberian Peninsula, on the coast of Atlantic ocean. Portugal is one of the oldest nations in Europe, providing various possibilities for expansion and establishment of international businesses.
The country is famous for its flexibility on company formation, progressive tax rates and benefits of Double taxation treaties with other countries for tax management options.
Portugal is one of EU’s most economically developed countries, focusing on long-term business establishment and attraction of investors to Portugal.
Company in Portugal may be a perfect solution for foreign individuals and businesses seeking to do international business with low tax rates and flexibility. Portugal also offers various options regarding tax management and company incorporation for companies dealing with cryptocurrency.
Capital city: Lisbon
Local currency: Euro (EUR)
All documents and state fees are included
Description of Portugal Limited Liability Company:
- Liability limited only to shares;
- Unlimited business activities;
- 2 board members are required
- No minimum share capital required (but preferred);
- There is no need to be in the country during or after the process of company formation;
- Foreigners can establish a company in Portugal;
- Possibility to apply for EU residence permit in Portugal;
- Tax reduction possibilities;
- Perfect for small and medium-sized businesses;
- Simple administration and tax filing;
- Non-habitual residency regime;
- No tax on cryptocurrency.
Why setup a business in Portugal?
Portugal offers advanced and progressive tax rules. Companies based in Portugal are taxed on their international income (resident companies). However, Portugal offers variety of tax advantages for the companies that allows to reduce tax rates with local regimes and various Double Taxation Treaties Portugal concluded and other benefits. Profits and losses assigned to a foreign PE of a Portuguese firm are exempt from taxation under an optional scheme.
Portugal is EU’s oldest nation and is one of the world’s most tranquil countries. Portugal offers stable economy with a good standard of living for its citizens. Portugal offers various business possibilities in import and export business, retail, real estate market with Golden Visa programs to get EU residency, financial and insurance services, agricultural sector, manufacturing and production. Portugal’s priority is to attract foreign investment, which has proven to be very attractive for investors as well, making its GDP grow and various sectors flourish.
Not only Portugal prioritises the attraction of foreign investment to the country but it also provides great opportunities for freelance workers. In 2021, Portugal was one of the most popular destinations in EU for freelancers to set up and operate their business remotely on the shore of the Atlantic.
HOW THE ORDER SYSTEM WORKS?
1. Choose the most suitable company type and make online order
Choose the most suitable company formation package from STORE EU LAW FIRM, and place an online order with the available payment methods. After successful order you will receive an email confirmation with your order details.
2. Collection of documents and KYC verification
After successful order and receipt of payment, our customer support will get in touch with you to acquire the required documentation for company formation in Portugal.
3. Company formation in Portugal
The company formation in Portugal takes between 7-14 business days after all required documents have been received. After company has been incorporated, physical company formation documents with apostilles will be sent to your mailing address.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR COMPANY FORMATION IN PORTUGAL
If shareholder is a legal person:
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation or other similar document; evidencing the entity’s existence;
- Copy of the Register of Directors;
- Copy of the Register of Shareholders;
- Copy of valid passport of the Directors;
- Articles of association;
- Copy of a recent utility bill issued no more than three (3) months ago of the Directors;
For each beneficial owner (owns at least 25% or more shares):
- Copy of valid passport;
- Copy of a recent utility bill issued no more than three (3) months ago;
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT FOR COMPANY IN PORTUGAL
- Passport copy of all directors and shareholders.
- Utillity bill not older than 3 months.
- CV of the company management.
- Business plan.
Banks may request additional documentation from case to case.
Note: All documents in a foreign language must be translated into English and certified by a qualified translator. Translation costs is a separate service and are not included in the price of company registration.
Need more help to register company in Portugal?
Just get in touch with EU LAW FIRM lawyers to get more information about company registration in Portugal. Please include all the details regarding the number of shareholders, preferred type of company and other. We typically respond in 2 hours.